- Clothing & Accessories
- Music Makers
Books, Music and More
- On Sale
You had the most amazing dream last night. It spoke to your highest aspiration-your most secret wish-and presented a vision of a future that was right for you. But now, in the cold light of day, that inspiring dream is gone forever-or is it? According to Dr. Stephen Aizenstat, a psychotherapist, university professor, and dream specialist, dreams are not just phantoms that pass in the night, but a present living reality that you can engage with and learn from in your daily life. In Dream Tending, Dr. Aizenstat shows how to access the power of your dreams to transform nightmare figures into profound and helpful mentors, bring fresh warmth and intimacy into your relationships, overcome obsessions, compulsions, and addictions, engage healing forces of your dreams through imaginary medicines, re-imagine your career and cope with difficulties in the workplace, discover the potential of your untapped creativity, and see the world around you from a new and dynamic perspective.
Real-World Training in The Practice of Happiness with Thich Nhat Hanh
Look deeply into the nature of the mind and you will find the seeds of true happiness and freedom. This was the Buddha s great realization and it is a discovery that you, too, can make in any moment. WithHappiness, Love, and Liberation, you will join Thich Nhat Hanh for seven sessions of advanced teachings and rare insights discovered throughout his seven-decade inquiry into the truths of Buddhist psychology.Understanding the Roots of Suffering the First Step Toward Freedom What are the ingredients for a life of genuine happiness? According to Thich Nhat Hanh, happiness only arises through a deep understanding of the roots of suffering and through the cultivation of joy, love, and compassion that comes with daily practice of mindfulness and meditation. Offering in-depth instruction in applying foundational Buddhist principles backed by modern science, he provides inspiration and support for healing the habits that lead to suffering and opening to the miracle of life in the here and now. From guidance to sitting and walking meditation to an examination of key Buddhist teachings including the Diamond Sutra, the Heart Sutra, and much more, these seven audio-learning sessions are intended to help us release our worries about past and future and start living with ease in joyful recognition of the gifts of the present moment.
• How mindfulness and concentration generate happiness and joy
• Meditation as an antidote to agitation and anxiety
• Four basic breathing exercises for accessing peace at any time
• Releasing concepts that lead to suffering
• Every step a miracle the art of walking meditation
• Our intimate connection to our spiritual ancestors
• The evolution of science and philosophy
• Zen practice: toward a fuller understanding of reality
• Does suffering ever leave us even in Paradise?
• The factors of enlightenment
• Eternalism, nihilism, and the Middle Way
• The intersection of Buddhism and modern science
• The art of compassionate, deep listening and loving speech
• Why removing the notion of self is central to all Buddhist teachings
• Your body as the cosmos itself
• The difference between manifestation and birth
• How the entire world profits with each person who grows in happiness
Our wounds, physical, mental, emotional, interfere with our ability to fully express ourselves. To help us learn how to turn our wounds into a point of power in our relationship with ourselves, a path to peace with others, and a platform for transformation in the world, Linda Howe offers 'Healing Through the Akashic Records'.