The King Cheetah is representative of the rare breed of the species, only seen in nature a handful of times. Like the feline, this djembe is a speciality item, constructed to deliver pristine performance for the most advance players and a smooth purr for beginners showing promise in the art of hand drumming.
The Elite Pro djembes are hand made, custom carved professional grade instruments prepared with the finest materials. Each drum goes through a rigorous inspection of quality control using hand selected #1 quality mahogany hardwood. Only the best! Wood that is all legally harvested and certified to be legal timber, which is environmentally friendly.
Also, due to the specialized shell shape only 30% of the approved wood that is sorted for our Professional line meets the size, shape, and quality criteria for an Elite Pro. All shells have to be both hand carved and lathed. This is expensive and takes a long time. Every Elite Pro djembe is carved extra thick for incredible tones, and unsurpassed range.
Take special note of the neck ring on each Elite Pro djembe. Every drum is secured with a forged steel neck ring that is specifically fitted and built for each model. All Elite Pro shells are hand carved with a built in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place. This tedious process of welding a custom steel neck ring leads to a highly secured tuning system. When you tune up your new Elite Pro it stays locked and tight when performing.
- Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
- 25-26" Tall x 13-14" Head
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood, One-piece, solid shell construction
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Forged steel neck ring, with built-in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place
- Carved rim to stabilize bottom ring for precise, long-lasting tuning.
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
Write Your Own Review
Working closely with our overseas partners, we are importing the finest selection of beautifully handcrafted African djembe drums and accessories. The selection of djembes are diverse enough to appease beginners through professionals and everyone in between. With gorgeous designs and professional build quality, the X8 djembe collection of African drums are truly handmade works of art created by master carvers using only top-tier materials including: sustainably harvested and Government inspected Mahogany wood, premium goatskin heads, and low stretch alpine 5mm braided rope.
"We're most proud of the fact that our djembes are made from legally harvested and Government inspected timber," remarked co-founder Mark Stancato. "We spent a lot of time searching for the right overseas partners that met are stringent requirements of using only legally harvested, certified timber and could prove a Government certification process," added Stancato. "It's extremely important that today's up and coming companies strive to be as eco-friendly as possible.
View other products from X8 Drums