Discovering Your “True Home” in the Present Moment
We do not find happiness by suppressing emotions like stress or fear. As Thich Nhat Hanh teaches, you can develop a capacity to deal with such emotions by building a sanctuary—your “true home”—in the present moment. Through techniques such as “mindful breathing” and the “begin anew” practice, you purposefully expand your ability to dwell in a state of peaceful clarity, and develop the insight to see through to the underlying causes of negative emotions. By facing your inner darkness with awakened compassion, you can transform toxic energies within you—and radiate the energy of lovingkindness to everyone around you.
Essential Teachings from a Legendary Voice for Peace
Thich Nhat Hanh has lived and taught the path of peace in the most challenging situations—carrying the light of compassion into places stricken by war, famine, and despair. Refined throughout a lifetime of mindfulness in action, he now shares his most transformative teachings and practices to guide you in your own journey to the source of happiness on Living Without Stress or Fear.
- Foundational mindfulness practices: being fully present while walking, breathing, and eating
- Seeds of happiness, seeds of suffering: how we choose which emotions to nourish with our attention
- The four-pebble meditation for openness, clarity, and grounding
- “No death and no birth, neither being nor non-being”—embracing the central paradox at the heart of fearless living
- The role of community in supporting your practice
- “We are all one organism”—perspective-shifting meditations on compassion
- Practices for bringing mindfulness into your family and your relationships
- Six sessions of Thich Nhat Hanh's core teachings and guided practices on mindfulness, compassion, and finding freedom from suffering
Thich Nhat Hanh is a Zen master in the Vietnamese tradition, scholar, poet, and peace activist who was nominated for the 1967 Nobel Peace Prize by Martin Luther King, Jr. He is the author of more than 40 books in English, including Peace Is Every Step and Living Buddha, Living Christ.
|Custom Stock Status||N/A|
View other products from Sounds True