Stillness awaits you with your new peaceinpeaceout Travel Meditation Cushion. The innovative and comfortable design provides optimal hip support for seated meditations and poses when you are on-the-go.And, it can be customized with just the right amount of eco-friendly buckwheat hulls. With a quick-drying eQua Plus fabric outer cover and a travel-friendly handle, this cushion can help you find calm in the studio or on the road. You've just found the support you've been seeking all along. Enjoy.
• One size: 15” x 5” x 4”
• 1.8 lbs.
• Zipper access to the buckwheat hulls that fill the inner cushion allows for the removal or addition of buckwheat hulls depending on body type and desired support
• A lightweight & compact size for portability without any compromise to the durability or functionality of the cushion. The outside cover also has a handle for convenient carrying
• The outer cover is high quality,odor-resistant, and made from our ecofriendly Cocona eQua Plus fabric
• The cover is easily removable and machine washable
• Cover material is extremely soft to the touch and the cushion is soft & moldable to provide comfort for extended periods of time during seated meditation
• Buckwheat hulls are the husks of a fruit product, and therefore are not a grain or a wheat-related product. People with wheat allergies should not have a problem using this product.
Use & Care
Outer Cover: Machine wash on cold with like colors. Tumble dry on low recommended. Do not use dryer sheets or scented detergents.
• Inner cover can be washed & dried but remove all buckwheat hulls before washing/drying.
• Do not get filled inner cushion wet as it will cause damage to buckwheat hulls.
Do not get the cushion wet as buckwheat hulls will no longer function properly after being soaked with water. If buckwheat hulls do get wet & become damaged, they can be replaced with new hulls. *Buckwheat hulls can be purchased from your local grocer.
Outer Cover: • Cocona technology utilizes recycled coconut shells that would have otherwise gone to landfills. Through a patented process, the coconut shells are converted into activated carbon particles which are then infused into the microfiber. The active carbon renews itself when washed and the benefits will endure or improve over the lifetime of the cover.
• Cotton batting is a natural material.
• Organic buckwheat hulls are a sustainable product because the hulls (aka the husks) are utilized after the harvesting of the buckwheat fruit that grows inside. These husks would otherwise go to waste
|Custom Stock Status||No|
The Manduka Story
Sometimes it’s the bumps in the road that end up defining our journey. This is the story of Manduka, a company founded on the simple idea that a better yoga mat could make a world of difference.
Over ten years ago, Peter Sterios, an architect turned yogi, discovered a simple, elegantly designed black mat whose combination of firm grip and complete support revolutionized his yoga practice. In honor of the yoga masters who inspired him, he sought to share this amazing product with others.
Peter had always been the beneficiary of great generosity from other yoga teachers. To repay that debt, he sent mats as gifts to many of the teachers he admired including Erich Schiffmann, Rod Stryker, Angela Farmer, Victor Van Kooten, Rodney Yee, and Shiva Rea. The teachers who inspired Peter were his first customers. And in the great yoga tradition, they shared their mats with their students, and a true yoga company was born. Peter chose the name Manduka in homage to his teacher and mentor, Shandor Remete, whose core practice and teaching always included the ancient Hatha Yoga Pradipika pose, Mandukasana or frog. The first time Peter heard and repeated the name of the pose he experienced a sense of childlike joy and delight as the sound rolled off his tongue. The word and the pose were mirror images, simultaneously playful and profound. The joy of Manduka is now spoken in more than 35 countries all over the world.
The quality and performance of Manduka mats and yoga accessories are still unmatched in the marketplace. They are still crafted using simple, enduring, natural, and whenever possible, renewable materials and a fine attention to detail. Manduka is a company built by and for yoga teachers and their students. And as Manduka celebrates its 10th year, we are still evolving, still introducing new products, and still celebrating the spirit and wisdom of yoga teachers and their students. From the road less traveled, something great and meaningful has arrived.
Manduka: for your practice and for our world. Namaste.
At Manduka we are committed to making the world a better place. We’re grateful to be part of a community that’s committed to doing the same. Together we celebrate the deep and profound bond yoga shares with the world. The idea of respect for all living things is core to our company's philosophy, and sustainability is our standard.
We are committed to eco-responsibility, and are mindful of every decision we make in the manufacturing process. We support fair labor practices and toxic-free emission facilities. Wherever possible, we use natural, recyclable, sustainable and/or biodegradable materials, and constantly search for new green technologies.
Each detail is a conscious decision. We’ve constructed bags from recycled polyester fabrics and zippers made from recycled plastic bottles. Our eKO line of yoga mats is produced using biodegradable rubber sustainably harvested from rubber trees with no toxic glues. Designed to last a lifetime, the PRO Series mats minimize impact on the environment and ensure years of superior practice for our community. Our prop collection was developed using materials including sustainable cork, natural unbleached cotton, and recycled wool fibers.
With growth, we pledge to protect and honor our earth and its beings. Let’s continue to walk the walk together. You help us and we’ll help you. And we’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas at any time. Better choices mean a better tomorrow for all of us.
View other products from Manduka