Thoughtfully designed to be the most versatile foam block in the market, the unBLOK satisfies the needs of yogis everywhere. The adjacent & dual curves allow for versatility in traditional poses, offering a deeper, more natural arc support while the flat sides of the block maintain the support of a traditional block.
- 0.6 lbs.; 4” x 6" x 9”
- Slip resistant finish, a soft & comfortable hand, firm support, radius edges, strength & durability
- Over 50% recycled material in every block provides a higher level of recycled material than any other recycled foam block currently in the market
- Increases comfort on the wrist in standing poses as wrist can rest more comfortably on the curved edge of the block than a standard flat side
- The iconic contoured design evolves the function of a yoga block while still allowing for the block to be completely stable and user friendly
- The adjacent & dual curves allow for versatility in traditional poses, offering a deeper, more natural arc support while the flat sides of the block maintain the support of a traditional block
- Increases comfort in heart openers and back bends when lying on the ground so the back can rest more comfortably on the block
Use & Care
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth or dampen the cloth with an organic household cleaner such as a 50/50 organic apple cider vinegar & water solution.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- We have evolved the standards for manufacturing through the creation of this product- each block is certified to having OVER 50 PERCENT recycled post-industrial & post-consumer EVA foam in its make-up. The rest of it (UNDER 50%) is virgin EVA foam.
Write Your Own Review
The Manduka Story
Sometimes it’s the bumps in the road that end up defining our journey. This is the story of Manduka, a company founded on the simple idea that a better yoga mat could make a world of difference.
Over ten years ago, Peter Sterios, an architect turned yogi, discovered a simple, elegantly designed black mat whose combination of firm grip and complete support revolutionized his yoga practice. In honor of the yoga masters who inspired him, he sought to share this amazing product with others.
Peter had always been the beneficiary of great generosity from other yoga teachers. To repay that debt, he sent mats as gifts to many of the teachers he admired including Erich Schiffmann, Rod Stryker, Angela Farmer, Victor Van Kooten, Rodney Yee, and Shiva Rea. The teachers who inspired Peter were his first customers. And in the great yoga tradition, they shared their mats with their students, and a true yoga company was born. Peter chose the name Manduka in homage to his teacher and mentor, Shandor Remete, whose core practice and teaching always included the ancient Hatha Yoga Pradipika pose, Mandukasana or frog. The first time Peter heard and repeated the name of the pose he experienced a sense of childlike joy and delight as the sound rolled off his tongue. The word and the pose were mirror images, simultaneously playful and profound. The joy of Manduka is now spoken in more than 35 countries all over the world.
The quality and performance of Manduka mats and yoga accessories are still unmatched in the marketplace. They are still crafted using simple, enduring, natural, and whenever possible, renewable materials and a fine attention to detail. Manduka is a company built by and for yoga teachers and their students. And as Manduka celebrates its 10th year, we are still evolving, still introducing new products, and still celebrating the spirit and wisdom of yoga teachers and their students. From the road less traveled, something great and meaningful has arrived.
Manduka: for your practice and for our world. Namaste.
At Manduka we are committed to making the world a better place. We’re grateful to be part of a community that’s committed to doing the same. Together we celebrate the deep and profound bond yoga shares with the world. The idea of respect for all living things is core to our company's philosophy, and sustainability is our standard.
We are committed to eco-responsibility, and are mindful of every decision we make in the manufacturing process. We support fair labor practices and toxic-free emission facilities. Wherever possible, we use natural, recyclable, sustainable and/or biodegradable materials, and constantly search for new green technologies.
Each detail is a conscious decision. We’ve constructed bags from recycled polyester fabrics and zippers made from recycled plastic bottles. Our eKO line of yoga mats is produced using biodegradable rubber sustainably harvested from rubber trees with no toxic glues. Designed to last a lifetime, the PRO Series mats minimize impact on the environment and ensure years of superior practice for our community. Our prop collection was developed using materials including sustainable cork, natural unbleached cotton, and recycled wool fibers.
With growth, we pledge to protect and honor our earth and its beings. Let’s continue to walk the walk together. You help us and we’ll help you. And we’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas at any time. Better choices mean a better tomorrow for all of us.
View other products from Manduka