- Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
- 23-24" x 11-12" Head
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- 23-24" : Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm, 24 rope runners
- Kiln dried shells with up to 20 coats of teak oil that protects and preserves the wood Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads with hair for greater tonal range
- Temperature controlled storage environment
|Custom Stock Status||N/A|
Working closely with our overseas partners, we are importing the finest selection of beautifully handcrafted African djembe drums and accessories. The selection of djembes are diverse enough to appease beginners through professionals and everyone in between. With gorgeous designs and professional build quality, the X8 djembe collection of African drums are truly handmade works of art created by master carvers using only top-tier materials including: sustainably harvested and Government inspected Mahogany wood, premium goatskin heads, and low stretch alpine 5mm braided rope.
"We're most proud of the fact that our djembes are made from legally harvested and Government inspected timber," remarked co-founder Mark Stancato. "We spent a lot of time searching for the right overseas partners that met are stringent requirements of using only legally harvested, certified timber and could prove a Government certification process," added Stancato. "It's extremely important that today's up and coming companies strive to be as eco-friendly as possible.
View other products from X8 Drums