For every liter of Palo Santo oil that we purchase, we donate $30 to help replant these endangered trees. For each donation, one hundred and eighty trees are planted.
In 2017 the Ministry of Environment of the Ecuadorian Government announced the sustainable use of Palo Santo trees in the El Cerrito sector of Jipijapa in the province of Manabi. This adds additional hectares of tree forest to the protection of the government. The trees will be protected and eco-harvested by the local people. The coordinated work allows the traceability of Palo Santo products from planting, picking, transformation and commercialization.
Botanical Name: Bursera graveolens
Of Interest: The tree of Palo Santo is originally from the dry tropical forests on the coast of the South Pacific, Ecuador being the main country where this tree is found. It can takes up to 10 years to produce the oil and to get concentrated in the interior of the tree trunk. Only tree branches that fall naturally from the ground are used to make this oil. The average life of the tree of Palo Santo is between 80 and 90 years. History: The natives in Ecuador have used it mainly to protect themselves from insects (mosquito) and also in ancestral rituals where shamans use this oil to clear bad energy from the bodies. They also used it as essential oil and to perfume their homes.
Properties: In aromatherapy, Palo Santo Essential Oil is considered to be antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. It can be used as part of a remedy for bronchial coughs, colds, nasal flues, allergies and asthma. It is said to have excellent absorption properties and can be used in massage therapy to relieve pain and inflammation of the muscles and joints, and regenerates skin conditions, promote skin nutrition, healing and flexibility.
Palo Santo Essential Oil can generate states of calmness and relaxation and is beneficial for meditation, concentration, and for enhancing creativity and learning. In spiritual aromatherapy, it can be used as perfume to release negative energy and to purify and cleanse the spirit.
- Relieves stress, sadness, bad mood, headaches, panic and anxiety. How to use: put a few drops of Shamans Market Palo Santo Essential Oil, diluted 3 to 1, on the chest at heart level, on the nose, on the side of the head (temples), on the back of the neck - 3 times a day - and on the soles of the feet at night before bedtime.
- Enhances meditation and relaxation. How to use: dilute a few drops of Shamans Market Palo Santo Essential Oil into distilled water and place in an atomizer bottle.
- Traditional Use: Insect repellent. How to use: Apply Shamans Market Palo Santo Essential Oil, diluted 3 to 1, on the exposed skin or dilute a few drops of full strength into distilled water and place in an atomizer bottle.
- Treats flu, cold, cough, asthma and allergies. How to use: put a few drops of Shamans Market Palo Santo Essential Oil, diluted 3 to 1, on the chest at heart level, on the nose, on the temples, on the back of the neck - 3 times a day - and on the soles of the feet at night before bedtime.
- Treats psoriasis, acne, wounds and sprains. How to use: Apply Shamans Market Palo Santo Essential Oil, diluted 3 to 1, on the affected area so that it enters the skin 3 times a day.
- Treats arthritis, neck pain and muscle aches. How to use: Only when there is pain, put a few drops of Palo Santo Essential Oil, diluted 3 to 1, directly on the point of pain massaging the area until the oil is absorbed - 3 times a day - then protect the area with a red bandage, because the color red is known to increase body energy.
Parts Used: Wood from aged fallen trees
Color: Yellow to Light Brown Liquid
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Note Classification: Top
Aroma Description: Fine citrus aroma with underlying notes reminiscent of frankincense, its close relative; fresh, intense woody aroma with a slight hint of citrus.
Aroma Strength: Strong
Blends Well With: Cedarwood, sandalwood and other wood oils
Cultivation: Wild harvested
Health & Safety Data: Generally non-toxic and non-sensitizing; it can be a skin irritant. Not for internal use. Avoid use if pregnant.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.