White Sage smoke wands are used for purifying the atmosphere, dispersing negativity, and protection. Ritual burning puts out a lot of soothing smoke. Very refreshing, relaxing, and clearing --- like traveling through the clouds. To burn a smoke wand just light the tip, blow it out and either wave the smoke wand in the air or place in a fire/heat resistant container (stone, glass or metal) with sand or salt placed therein to hold the wand upright. To extinguish, invert the wand into the sand or salt.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a smoke wand used for?
Smoke wands are used to facilitate an herb burning ritual, which is the burning of herbs to send prayers and offerings to the heavens, eliminate unwanted spirits, rid a person or space of negative energy or release energetic attachments. Burning herbs for ritual use is a centuries old practice with roots in many cultures around the world.
Can you use sage for your herb burning ritual?
It’s one of the most common methods for herb burning rituals! An herb burning ritual undertaken with a smoke wand is a centuries old tradition for purifying one’s space or simply just providing a soothing and relaxing atmosphere.
How do you perform a herb burning ritual with sage?
- Say an opening affirmation or prayer.
- Face east and light the materials (plants, resins or smudge stick)
- Fan out the flame so the materials are smoldering.
- Close your eyes and become one with the smoke, fanning it toward you with your hand or feather, letting the smoke wash over you.
- State your intentions to clear the location of negative energy.
- Starting in the farthest room from an exit door, fan the smoke in the location, paying attention to each corner, all walls, closets and window frames thoroughly, while continuing to recite your intention of love and light in your space.
- After you complete an area, sprinkle salt in the center of the room and around the window frames and doorways.
- Move clockwise through the location.
- When you have completed your herb burning ritual in all rooms, say a closing prayer of gratitude.Acknowledge the spirit of the plant, thank it. Acknowledge and honor the land that you stand on.
For other ideas and methods check out these articles from our blog.
Where can I find sage for smudging?
There are many places to find sage for smudging, but it’s best to ensure your sage is from a trusted source. You can trust Shamans Market to provide you with pure sage for your smudging needs.