1. ल First Chakra: The Root or Base Chakra-Situated at the base of the spine. Its color is Red. The Muladhar is the chakra of stability, security and our basic needs. It encompasses the first three vertebrae, the bladder and the colon. When this chakra is open, we feel safe and fearless.
2. वँ Second Chakra: Sacral or Navel Chakra- Situated at the lower abdomen and approx. two inches from the belly bottom. Its color is orange.
The Svadhisthana chakra is our creativity and sexual center. It is located in the pubic bone, below the navel and is responsible for our creative expression.
3. र Third Chakra: Solar Plexus- Situated at the base of Rib Cage. Yellow is the shade of the Solar Plexus Chakra. The manipura chakra means lustrous gem and it's the area from the navel to the breastbone. The third chakra is our source of personal power.
4. य Fourth Chakra: The Heart- Situated at the center of the chest around the area of Heart. Green is the shade of the heart chakra.
The Anahata is located at the heart, center at the middle of the seven and unites the lower chakras of matter and the upper chakras of spirit. The fourth chakra is also spiritual but serves as a bridge between our body, mind emotions and spirit. The heart chakra is our source of love and connection. When we work through our physical chakras or the first three, we can open the spiritual chakras more fully.
5. ह Fifth Chakra: The Throat- Situated at the base of the neck in the throat. Lighter blue is the color of the throat chakra, and the note for it is G and G#. The Vishuddha chakra is the fifth chakra, located in the area of the throat. This is our source of verbal expression and the ability to speak our highest truth. The fifth chakra includes the neck, thyroid and parathyroid glands, jaw, mouth and tongue.
6.ऊँ Sixth Chakra: The Third Eye- Situated in the middle of the forehead linking the eyebrows. Darker blue is their color. The Ajna chakra is located in between the eyebrows. It is also referred to as the "third eye" chakra. Ajna is our center of intuition. We all have a sense of intuition but we may not listen to it or heed it's warnings. Focus on opening the sixth chakra will help you hone this ability.
7.Seventh Chakra- The Crown-Situated at the top of the head or crown area. Violet is the shade of the crown chakra. The Sahaswara "chakra of the thousand petal lotus" chakra is located at the crown of the head. This is the chakra of enlightenment and spiritual connection to our highest selves, others and ultimately, to the divine.